Job Title: iwCLL Chair, Biennial Meeting
Reports to: iwCLL Executive Board
Purpose of the role:
To lead the overall programme execution and content development of the Biennial Meeting in partnership with the PCO and to oversee the PCO who manage the day-to-day execution and planning of the Biennial Meeting.
- A knowledge of and commitment to the work for the association.
- Supportive and confident leadership style.
- Willing and able to devote the necessary amount of time to do the job.
- Ability to negotiate, speak publicly, and lead meetings.
- Flexible, diplomatic with a sense of humour.
- Present an outline of the Biennial Meeting at the previous Biennial Meeting Krakow.
- Collaborate with PCO to determine appropriate funding opportunities for each potential sponsor.
- Collaborate with PCO to set sponsorship levels.
- Collaborate with PCO to set registration fees.
- Work with the iwCLL Executive Board to identify The Local Organizing Committee, The International Programme Committee and the Young Investigator Meeting Chairs and Committee.
- Help develop ‘Letter from Chair’ for website.
- Review/approve overall programme milestones, and overall messaging maintained on website.
- Work with the International Programme Committee on the Scientific Programme, to determine theme, outline, content and speakers.
- Lead conference calls (frequency, as needed) with The International Programme Committee to develop workshop themes and agenda (PCO will assist with the scheduling, organizing, call notes, and provide medical agenda development support and guidance).
- Attend regular conference calls (monthly or bi-weekly, as needed) with PCO to discuss status of the logistical planning of the meeting. (PCO will provide call agenda that includes iwCLL planning status updates).
- Attend telephone calls or in-person meetings (as needed) with potential sponsors to present workshop goals and themes.
- Attend iwCLL Executive Board Meetings as requested.
- Attend ad hoc meetings as requested by the iwCLL Executive Board.
- Review and approve all meeting collateral ensuring consistency with iwCLL brand guidelines.
- Assist with scoring and final decisions on abstract acceptances.
- Assist with the Travel Scholarships’ Awards process.
- Conduct site visits with the PCO to the host city as required.
Administration and Finance
- Oversee the financial, administrative and logistical management of the Biennial Meeting.
- Ensure that any contracts are sent to the appointed signatory at the iwCLL.
- Work to the meeting timeline ensuring that deadlines are met to minimize the disruption of flow and increased costs.
- Maintain correct records, ensuring that relevant records are sent to the iwCLL Executive Office for central filing.
- Adhere to iwCLL policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure that all agendas, minutes and call notes are sent to the iwCLL Executive Office for central filing.
- Prepare quarterly progress reports for discussion with the iwCLL Executive Board with 12 months prior to the meeting preparing monthly progress reports.
- Outside of the progress reports ensure that the iwCLL Executive Board are apprised of any concerns.
- Represent the iwCLL Biennial Meeting to all other organizations.
- Support committee members as needed.
- Offer advice and support to the incoming Biennial Meeting Chair.
During Biennial Meeting
- Act as the public face and gracious host of the Biennial Meeting.
- Deliver opening and closing remarks (PCO will assist with the development of PPT slides).
- Liaise with PCO as appropriate.
- Present as needed (determined by the final agenda).
- Deliver welcoming remarks at the Welcome Reception and Faculty/Committee Dinner.
Post Biennial Meeting
- Help develop thank you letters for speakers, sponsors, chairs of session etc.
- Present the final financial report to the iwCLL Executive Board.
- Prepare and present a post Biennial Meeting evaluation report to the iwCLL Executive Board.